Let’s face it. Not everyone is blessed with a good skin. The people who are don’t necessarily need to spend their valuable time taking care of it. But the unlucky ones have to go the extra mile to develop healthy skin.
Taking care of your skin not only makes you appear great but also enhances your mood. You are confident and happy. Skincare is also crucial to prevent conditions like acne, pimples, etc.
Types of skin
Identifying your skin is important in figuring out which products will suit you best.
- Normal skin is neither too oily nor too dry. It usually remains unaffected by allergens and the environment. It is easy to take care of.
- Oily skin has a glossy look to it. The pores on your skin are more prominent compared to other skin types.
- Dry skin looks flaky and pale and feels tight. It is more sensitive to products than normal and oily skin types.
- Combination skin is a combination of oily and dry skin. Usually, the cheeks are dry and the rest of the face has an oily texture.
- Sensitive skin is affected the most of all skin types by external stimuli and the environment. This type of skin loses its barrier function. People with sensitive skin regularly suffer from skin breakouts and allergies.
Think of your skincare routine as consisting of three main steps:
- Cleansing — Washing your face.
- Treating — Balancing the skin.
- Moisturizing — Hydrating and softening the skin.
While this is the most basic of skincare routines, you can always add more products depending on your needs.
Each product suits different skin types. Only choose such products that suit you.
- Cream-based cleansers with hydrating compounds like glycerin and shea butter are best suited to people with dry skin.
- Gel-based or foaming cleansers containing niacinamide and salicylic acid work well on oily skin. Foaming cleansers also work very well for combination skin.
- Oil-based cleansers and micellar water with argan and jojoba oil work wonders for sensitive skin.
It is recommended to cleanse your face twice a day with Deep Clean Face & Beard Wash. For people with dry skin, it is acceptable to just use water in the morning and perform a full cleanse in the evening.
- Toners with glycerin and hyaluronic acid work well on dry and sensitive skin.
- Toners containing astringents like witch hazel are suited to oily skin.
- People with combination skin should prefer toners containing antioxidants like vitamins C and E.
- Acne-prone skin can be soothed by toners with salicylic acid and lactic acid.
- Serums with hyaluronic acid work well for dry skin.
- Serums with niacinamide calm inflamed skin.
- Serums with retinoids and peptides boost collagen production which decreases wrinkles, pigmentation, etc.
- Cream-based moisturizers provide much-needed hydration for dry skin.
- Gel moisturizers gel well with oily skin. They are lighter than cream moisturizers and absorb very quickly.
- Lotions pair well with normal and combination skin.
- For sensitive skin, balms work extremely well.
Eye creams are a type of moisturizer that is used specifically for the skin around the eyes. Although it is not necessary to include it in your routine, it works well to prevent puffiness and dryness.
This is the most important product in your skincare arsenal. They prevent fine lines, wrinkles, etc. But more importantly, they prevent the damage that is caused by the UV rays of the sun.
They also work against the free radicals to prevent cell damage. No matter the skin type or the routine you follow, it is absolutely crucial to use sunscreen with at least an SPF 30 about 30 minutes before you step out into the sun. Also, most moisturizers today have a built-in SPF. So, it doesn’t burden you with adding an extra product to your regime.
Sequence of products:
It is recommended to apply the products from thinnest to thickest. This ensures that all the products are able to penetrate and get absorbed into the skin. You can add the himalayan yeti's products to your routine.
Skincare is not a luxury. It should be a top priority for all people, regardless of age. By taking the time to care for your skin, you can reduce the signs of aging and make your skin healthier overall. It prevents skin conditions. This can increase your confidence and uplift your mood. It's a method to enhance your health and a way to help you live longer.