Importance of water
The human body is 60% water. It is present in all the important organs and is crucial for their functioning. Water makes up the majority of organs like the brain, liver, kidneys, heart, muscles and bones. It is also a critical component of our blood.
Water is not only necessary for the operation of these organs but also various bodily functions.
- Maintains body temperature: When we live in a warm climate, we sweat. This cools down the body. If this water is not replenished, it causes the temperature to rise. Thus water helps in regulating the body temperature.
- Protects sensitive tissues and lubricates joints: Drinking water protects sensitive tissues like the spinal cord. It also lubricates and cushions joints. This helps us be more physically active without causing much discomfort due to issues like arthritis.
- Flushes out toxins: Our body releases water through sweat and urine to flush out toxins from the body. Drinking water also helps in maintaining healthy bowel movements, thus preventing constipation. Water is also essential to prevent kidney stones.
- Helps in digestion: Water helps in the production of saliva. This not only keeps the mouth healthy but is also important for digestion.
- Aids in metabolism: Drinking adequate water is shown to help in nutrient absorption. This is circulated throughout the body via the blood. Adequate water is known to boost metabolism by a significant amount.
- Prevents muscle fatigue: Cells unable to maintain their fluid levels become shrivelled and can cause fatigue. Drinking water provides the required fluids to the cells.
- Helpful for cognitive functioning: Inadequate water consumption impacts focus and short-term memory.
- Prevents dehydration: Drinking water prevents dehydration that otherwise could cause fatal issues like swelling in the brain, renal failure and seizures.
Similarity between need of water for the body and hydration of skin and hair
You might have realised by this time that hydration is crucial for the human body. Water might not look like much, but it is the lifeblood of our body.
What water is to the body, moisture is to skin and hair. In the case of the body, it is easy to hydrate. Just drink water when you feel thirsty. Unfortunately, it is not so simple for your skin and hair. They are sensitive and can show signs of dryness or dullness with the slightest variations.
It is paramount to choose the right products that suit your skin and hair. It is necessary to test out various products before you settle for the best. Be sure to avoid the products that dry your skin or dull your hair. The Himalayan Yeti's range of products like shampoo, oil and serum for the hair and facewash, shower gel and after shave gel for the skin will pamper you. The resultant feeling will make you feel like the king of the world.
Frequently asked questions:
1. Why is water important?
A: Water is vital for various bodily functions and also makes up the majority of our organs. Deficiency of water leads to dehydration and in severe cases could cause death.
2. How much water is required per day?
A: Ideally, an adult should drink at least 3-4 litres of water per day. This includes the water you drink, any liquids and any water that might be present in food items.
3. Why is hydration important for skin and hair?
A: If not hydrated properly, you could suffer from dry skin and dry hair. This weakens your hair and skin. This could lead to various skin infections. Your hair becomes weak and dull.